At Bright Eyes Vision Clinic in Murphy, you get gold standard care from Dr. Colton.
Medical Eye Exam
During your comprehensive eye exam, Dr. Colton will evaluate:
- Ocular Surface
- Eye Alignment
- Peripheral Vision
- Glasses Prescription + Acuity
- Internal Eye Health + Pressure
Pediatrics + Myopia Control
- Ages 0-1: Newborns
- Dr. Colton will examine your newborn for congenital conditions such as high refractive error, strabismus, cataracts, glaucoma, eye cancers, early hydrocephalus, and blocked tear ducts.
- Ages 2-4: Toddlers
- Toddlers in play groups or day care are prone to viral and bacterial infections which can be treated by Dr. Bruce Colton. High refractive error, strabismus, and congenital glaucoma can appear for the first time during this stage of life.
- Ages 5-9: Kiddos
- Starting school and organized activities puts a high visual demand on your kids that they are not used to. Focusing problems such as accommodative paresis and convergence insufficiency are sometimes first detectable at this age. Retinal exams can show the first signs of type 1 diabetes, and certain leukemias.
- Ages 10-18: Tweens + Teens
- Dr. Colton is ahead of the curve with myopia control technology. Being fitted in a specific multifocal contact lens can prevent or even stop your eyes from getting worse each year. This age range is the most at risk for becoming more nearsighted each year. Dr. Colton will ensure that vision does not limit your child’s success in school.
Dr. Colton trained with the NASA Space Center eye doctor F. Keith Manuel to prescribe the easiest and most modern contacts available.
- Scleral and RGP
- Cosmetic + Prosthetic
- High power, high astigmatism
Emergencies + Injuries
- 24-hour access to a direct line for eye emergencies
- Same-day treatment for abrasions, trauma, chemical burn, foreign bodies, pain, and vision loss
Diabetic Eye Exams
- Comprehensive dilated retinal exam for diabetic retinopathy and diabetic macular edema
- Report will be sent to your Primary Care Physician or Endocrinologist
- Infection + Injury
- Allergies + Dryness
- Glaucoma + Cataracts
- Auto-Immune Disease
- Macular Degeneration
- Diabetes + Hypertension
- Brain Tumors + Aneurysms
LASIK + Cataract
- Help you choose the right surgeon
- Evaluate whether you are a good candidate
- Show LASIK options by using contact lenses
- Co-manage your surgery to ensure proper recovery